The proper application of floor mats can help minimize maintenance costs saving you hundreds. The most important mat is the scraper/indoor mat.
Did you know:
- It costs $600 to remove 1 pound of dirt
- Catching dirt at the door cuts down on the use of cleaning chemicals
- Mats at the door greatly reduce the wear on other floor surfaces
- It is far more economical to replace mats as they wear versus replacing permanent surface materials such as carpet, hardwood or tile
- Mats greatly reduce slip hazards
- Mats act as an air filter, cutting down on dust & helps HVAC systems run more efficiently
The proper way to minimize maintenance costs on your home or office flooring is to use the proper type or system of mats.
In Summary, Use all 3 types of mats to minimize maintenance costs to your permanent flooring. The most important mat is the indoor scraper/wiper mat – it scrapes the largest amount of dirt and soil. If you can only afford one type of mat for your entrance mat, make sure you purchase a high quality indoor scraper/wiper mat.
Contact us if we can help you with your matting product questions!