Consider These Facts…
• 70% to 80% of dust, grime and dirt in a building is tracked in from the outside on people’s feet—permanently damaging floors
• One square yard of carpet can accumulate one pound of dirt a week—twice that in inclement weather
• It is estimated that the cost to find and remove a single pound of dirt from a building can run in excess of $600 in cleaning costs. As few as 150 people entering a facility can track in one pound of dirt in a 5 day work week costing over $30,000 dollars annually to remove.
• By utilizing high performance entrance matting of at least 10’ to 15’ (as recommend by the U.S. Green Building Council and the Carpet and Rug Institute) you can capture as much as 85% to 95% of contaminants that enter the building, saving maintenance dollars and protecting building assets
• Slip and falls are the second leading cause of all workplace injuries according to Liberty Mutual Workplace Index. As many as 25,000 people a day are victims of slip and fall accidents(NSC)
• Compensation and medical costs associated with employee slip and fall accidents total approximately $70 Billion annually(NSC)
• The average cost of a slip and fall injury exceeds $12,000(Wausau Insurance)
• The average cost to defend a slip and fall lawsuit is $50,000(NFSI)
• Back injuries account for 25% of all worker compensation claims annually • Cumulative Standing Trauma(CST) causes Billions of dollars of loss annually due to reduced productivity, increased worker compensation, higher insurance rates and absenteeism
• According to the American College of Occupational and Environmental Science, about 38% of workers in the United States suffer from fatigue. Testing shows that Ergonomic Matting can reduce worker fatigue.
Preventative Maintenance Mats are the first defense to stop dirt and moisture from entering your building. Mats filter these contaminants from entering the facility, saving thousands of dollars a year in cleaning costs. Mats also protect interior floor surfaces from excessive damage and wear. Entrance mats are the most effective way of stopping dirt and moisture at the door and keeping building maintenance costs to a minimum.
Check out our supply of mats today – we can help you with a custom order if you need it. SHOP NOW.