Minimizing Maintenance with Mats
The proper application of floor mats can help minimize maintenance costs.
Did you know:
- It costs $600 to remove 1 pound of dirt
- Catching dirt at the door cuts down on the use of cleaning chemicals
- Mats at the door greatly reduce the wear on other floor surfaces
- It is far more economical to replace mats as they wear versus replacing permanent surface materials such as carpet, hardwood or tile
- Mats greatly reduce slip hazards
- Mats act as an air filter, cutting down on dust & helps HVAC systems run more efficiently
The proper way to minimize maintenance costs on your home or office flooring is to use the proper type or system of mats.
3 types of mats help lower maintenance costs:
Outdoor Scraper Mat
Scrapes or traps heavy soil and allows water to drain efficiently.
Indoor Scraper/Wiper Mat
Captures soil and dirt and keeps it below the show level.
Indoor Wiper Mat
Known as a “Finishing” mat, it absorbs the finer dirt, dust and moisture.
Use all 3 types of mats to minimize maintenance costs to your permanent flooring. The most important mat is the indoor scraper/wiper mat - it scrapes the largest amount of dirt and soil. If you can only afford one type of mat for your entrance mat, make sure you purchase a high quality scraper mat.